Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Fallen's Top Ten Books Read in 2011

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's top ten list is my top ten books I've read in 2011.

Like a lot of people I think this is going to be hard to list. I read some great books, but I am not sure I have read 10 great books. I also not sure how to order them because some books are equal in my mind so I am going to order them the best I can.



1. The Hunger Games- I read this book on pure accident. I saw it listed on Amazon's top books list and after reading the synopsis I decided I had to read it. I didn't expect it to be so amazing and just pull me into it.

2. The Maze Runner- Another book I wasn't sure about, but once I read it I was completely taken by it and instantly fell in love with it.

3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo- To be honest I thought this books and the others were crappy chick lit books based on the commercials I saw of the book with people reading it on the Kindle. I sampled the book on my Kindle and soon found out that it was not cheesy chick lit, but an amazing crime/mystery book.

4. The Scorch Trials- Just like with The Maze Runner this book took me under it's spell and I could not wait to see where it took me.

5. Mockingjay- While this book is the last of the series I thought it was amazing, not as amazing as The Hunger Games, but it wrapped up the story and had some amazing elements to it.

6. Catching Fire- Yes, the second book comes last for me, but I still found it interesting the story about the past Hunger Games.

7. The Girl Who Played with Fire- Since I loved the first book I had to read the other books in this series. I thought this one was pretty good.

8. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest- Same as the book above.

9. Swan Thieves- I enjoyed her first book The Historian, since that's what I studied in school before I switch to criminal justice. So when I saw she wrote a new book about a painting I had to read it. A very interesting story that I think was written just a bit better than The Historian.

10. Sin in the Second City- The history nerd in me had to pick up this book. It is interesting to see all the parts of Chicago that worked together or against each other. It's all about prostitution in Chicago and the Everleigh sisters who were on top.

So what is on your top ten books you read in 2011?

3 comments:

  1. I *Still* haven't read Hunger games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA still not sure if you will like them? I think we discussed this on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list. Hunger Games and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo are both great series! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!


    ~Nikki @ Imaginative Adventure.

    ReplyDelete