Tuesday, December 27, 2011

In My Mailbox: Christmas Edition

In my mailbox is a weekly event hosted by The Story Siren.

This is my Christmas edition for In my mailbox because I got some boos for Christmas and with some of the money I got for the holidays I bought some others. Trust me I could have gone crazy with buying several books, but my to be read pile keeps getting bigger and bigger and I am getting close to the start of a new semester, which means less time to read.

Books Given as Gifts
Heat Wave by Richard Castle. It's the first book in the series and I read it earlier in the year on my Kindle. My mom knew I was looking for Heat Rises and that I had bought it, but wasn't sure if I had read the others. 














The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It's a well established fact that I LOVE this book and the series. This summer I downloaded it on my Kindle and after reading it and falling in love with it I asked for it for Christmas. I was hoping for the collectors edition, but doesn't matter really I have the actual copy of the book. 










Black Mass by Dick Lehr and Gerard O'Neill. I love my Irish heritage and I read as much as I can about my people... okay I am also German, but I identify with my Irish side more. I also just took an Organized Crime class at school and the Irish mob was severely left out. I have actually been thinking about getting this book, but haven't gotten around to buying it. Thanks to my boyfriend I don't have to. 






Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. Another dystopian series that sounds interesting to me. I think most of this genre speaks to me and I was excited to get this book from my Secret Santa... but WHO ARE YOU?














Books Bought with Holiday Money
Divergent by Veronica Roth. Another YA dystopian novel I have been toying with getting. I honestly was hoping to get Enclave, but they didn't have so I went with this one instead. It was a toss up between this and the Scorpio Races.












The Death Cure by James Dashner. Yes, you all know that I have been loving this series and that I really want to find out what happens to Thomas and the Gladers. I'm in the middle of a book and I really want to start this one, but I know if I do I will forget about the book I already started.












So those are the books I got, what good books did you get for the holidays?

2 comments:

  1. Lots of wonderful books! Divergent is one of my favourites :)

    My IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uglies is awesome! I love Scott's books, if he ever comes to town, you should go, he's super funny.

    ReplyDelete