Tuesday, December 15, 2015

You're Never Weird on the Internet ( Almost) Review

You're Never Weird on the Internet ( Almost) By Felicia Day
Pages: 262
Published: August 11, 2015 By Touchstone
Format: Hardcopy
Genre: Memoir

I actually got to go to my first ever book signing for this book. I was lucky enough to find out about this early on and got to get it signed by Felicia and get my photo taken with her. It was a fun experience.

Synopsis: This is the memoir of Felicia Day. Who is that? Well she's an actress, geek, writer who's appeared on shows like Supernatural, Dr. Horrible's Sing A Long and her own web series called the Guild. Felicia takes you on a journey of her childhood and how it shaped her to the woman she is today. It also shows you how she was able to be able to do what she loves.

Review: This is a quick read that I really wish I read once I gotten it. I just had the itch to read this book and I am glad that I did. It's a quick easy read that is written in Felicia's own voice, meaning I can hear her reading to me as I was reading it. I really enjoyed it and while I do love her work it made me appreciate it even more and kind of reminded me of myself a little.

It's okay if you have never heard of her, but if you are into geek culture like video games, want to do something with that then check this book out. She explains how she made The Guild with practically trash to get it done.

I think any geeky girl would love this. You feel like you're reading something yourself or a friend of your's wrote and can connect to Felicia in so many ways. We both took violin lessons as you girls, while she major in it I stopped by age 10. I was smiling rethinking about my violin teacher Larry, who was from Czechoslovakia  and was so terrified of him because he would bang on the piano and yell, "NO NO NO NO" when I made a mistake.

She also is very open about her battle with depression and anxiety, which I have suffered from both and it felt like we were a kindred spirit knowing that others that I admire and respect have dealt with it too.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment