Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Dance of Dragons Review

A Dance of Dragons by George R. R. Martin  (Book 5 of Song of Fire and Ice)
1125 pages
Published July 12, 2011 by Bantam
GoodReads Link
Read on Kindle reader
Genre: Fantasy
Age group: Adults ( 18+ but possibly more like 20 and up)

Synopsis: (Spoiler Free) This book focuses on character's stories that the 4th book didn't have space to tell. There is still the war over who is the rightful King of Westros, there is conflict at the Wall over the wildings being allowed to join the brotherhood and Daenerys is trying to keep her new people free while also trying to reclaim her family's throne.


Boy is it hard to write that synopsis with how much is going on.

Review: I am till very new to fantasy and still get confused with minor characters on who is who, but overall I enjoyed this book. I still keep reading this series until it ends. I think anyone who enjoys the tv show and fantasy will enjoy this book. This is not a series for children so do not let young ones read or watch the show it's pretty heavy and intense at times.

Here's my issues with this series especially this one and the 4th one. Each chapter is narrated by a different person which is great. The issue I have is that some characters names are changed for the chapter because their life has changed so much. I don't really hate this, but it takes me a bit to get my bearings on who is talking and if I know who it is. So that does get a bit confusing. An example of that is Theon and Arya's chapters

I also feel like at this point  I am a little tired of this war. The main players have died pretty much and it seems like most don't care who wins anymore as long as they get what's theirs. I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but I do. I hope the next book moves things along for me.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment