Friday, September 13, 2013

Re-Reading Hunger Games Trilogy

I wanted to re-read The Hunger Game Trilogy for a few reasons.

1) I felt like I miss or forgot things that everyone kept talking about after the movie and the trailers came out.
2) I actually planned on reading it after I watched The Hunger Games, but never got around to it. Can you believe I've only seen the movie once.
3) I wanted to see after a second reading if my opinions about certain characters or events would change.

The Hunger Games:
I finish the book just as quickly as I did the first book. It was nice to see what they left out of the movie and see how it made sense for the most part. There was minor things I forgot, but I found myself in love the the book all over again and even liked Peeta more, but could be due to knowing what happens to him in the other books.

Catching Fire: As I have mentioned Catchinf Fire didn't really catch me on my first time reading it. This time around I enjoyed it much better and I'm really looking forward to the movie. I was able to see how important this book is to the series after rereading it.

Mocking Jay: I cannot remember if this book made me cry when I first read it. If it did then this time around I knew the ending I wasn't crying or feeling as sad and helpless like I was the first time. I will say that the epilogue of this book always puts a lump in my throat and makes me fight the tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment