Friday, September 13, 2013

Checking In

I hope everyone has a wonderful summer. For the first time I am not back at college. I graduated in the Spring and happen to just land a full-time job as a park ranger. I haven't started yet, but I am excited for the job. I haven't gotten in much reading and I feel horrible. I just opened up GoodReads and saw that for my goal of 50 books by December 31, I have 6 book behind. Eek that's no good.

I decided to re-read the Hunger Games series, but as I have now finish the first two books I am afraid to start MockingJay. I guess because I know what happens and since I do I don't want to deal with the emotional roller coaster of one of the main plot lines. This was the book where I finally got Peeta's role and why he was so important. Now that I already know I don't want to end the story. So I might not get to the last book. Anyone else get like this when they re-read a series or book? I've never re-read a series or book before so I've never had to deal with this.

I am hoping to start reading Game of Thrones and Under the Dome. I also have a free kindle library book that's the second book in the Jackie Daniel's series. The first book was okay, but I wanted something to read that was quick. Well I haven't gotten around to reading anything other than Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I need to start because I feel like I have the time to read I might as well start reading more. I also keep finding new books, but never had the money or the time to find them.

I haven't kept up with other book bloggers of the TBP Challenge that I always start, but never finish. Bad Fallen. I also not sure if I am going to try to do NANOWRIMO since I really have no idea what I would even wright about. Ideas maybe!!!

Hopefully I will have a review up once I finished a book and when I decide to read MockingJay I started a post on how I feel about the books the second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment