Wednesday, August 14, 2013

14 Books to Read Before Hollywood Ruins them

I spotted this on Pinterest and thought it was worth a share. http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalderon/books-to-read-before-they-hit-the-big-screen

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
2. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
3. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
4. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
5. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
6. The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort
7. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
8. The Monuments Men By Robert M. Edsel
9. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
10. Serena by Ron Rash
11. Horns by Joe Hill
12. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
13. The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
14. Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight

So out of this list I have read 3 of the books Divergent, The Book Thief and The Maze Runner. All books I loved and hope they don't get too destroyed by the movies, but we'll see. The one on this list I have an interest in reading before seeing the movie are Ender's Game, City of Bones, Gone Girl,  and The Monument Men. The rest of the books hold no interest to me.

I also heard a rumor that they were going to make The Giver into a movie... while it could be interesting I love that book so dearly I'm afraid of the mess they'll turn that into.

No comments:

Post a Comment