Monday, January 9, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday:Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's top ten is the top ten authors you wish would write another book living or deceased.

So I am not 100% sure on this one, but I am going to give it a try. I only been reading for fun for a year now and I am sure there are many more authors I could list after reading some more. Also, I am not up to speed with who is writing right now and who is done of those who are a live so if my answers don't fit I'm not to blame.

10. Elizabeth Kostova writer of The Historian and The Swan Thieves. While it took some time for me to enjoy The Historian I loved the Swan Thieves. Her writing of mystery and history are just amazing. I hope she has more books planned. I think there was many years in between these two books.


9. Tess Gerristen writter of the Rizzoli & Isles series. I am still on the fence with whether I like this series, I wish she would write more books for it because there aren't too many and if I get a chance to read up on all of them I'll probably be wanting more.








8. J.K. Rowling writer of Harry Potter. I enjoyed her books. I wasn't in love with them like I am with other series, but they were fun and interesting books. Hoping she can write more books that will be as good as Harry Potter.









7. James Dasher writer of The Maze Runner Series. I know he has another series out that I have not look into, but I hope he has more dystopian books in the future. The way he wrote the Maze Runner books was just so amazing and I wanted to see more about the world he created.


6. Jeffery Chaucer writer of Canterbury Tales. Yes, he's written other stuff that I have not read, but in high school I feel in love with this book and even read it in the old english language... there was a time I wanted to be a high school English teacher... So I would love to read other books buy him written today.

5. Louisa May Alcott writter of Little Women. One of my all time favorite books and we share the same birthday November 29th. I know she wrote a others, but I would love to see more and I probably should read her other books.

4. The Grimm Brothers. I think their stories are amazing and we still tell our children similar stories to scare them or make them behave. I think if they wrote more stories today I would just LOVE them.

3. Suzanne Collins writer of The Hunger Games Trilogy. I loved this series and I would love to see her write another dystopian series. She made me realized how much I love this genre and had made me look for more books.








2. Kathy Reichs write of the Temperance Brennan series. I believe she's actually working on the next book for this series, but I still want more. I love this series and hope she continues it for a long time.





1. Steig Larson write of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Series. I went to look to see what else he was writing after finished this series and was sad to see that he died in 2004.  I think if he was still alive today he would write more great books.






WOW!! I actually came up with 10. Some a sort of cop-outs since I may not have read everything they have written, but still this is a pretty solid list.

3 comments:

  1. I think Suzanne Collins and J.K. Rowling made just about everyone's lists this week! However, I can see why - the world needs more from both of them!

    Great list this week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variety on your list - I would love to read more from Collins & Larsson too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to vote for Harper Lee of To Kill A Mockingbird. It astounds me that she wrote only one book.

    ReplyDelete