Monday, January 9, 2012

Musing Mondays #12 Raved Reads

Musing Mondays is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Each week MizB asks a book related question and bloggers answer with their thoughts about the given topic. This week's musings asks:

Are there any “raved reads” – books that everyone seems to be talking about– that you’re hoping to get read this year yourself? What books are they and why are you hoping to read them? Is it because you want to say you’ve read it? Or, would you have chosen to read it, even if you’d discovered it yourself, and no one was raving about it?

This is a really good question, but there as so many books I could list for this. A lot of the YA dystopian novels would fall under this. I am not so sure I really pay attention to what books people are raving about. There are a lot of books that fall under the paranormal romance that I have been seeing people rave about that I haven't jumped to get a copy. Though some after people have been talking about I have started to try to get samples of the book on my Kindle to see if I would enjoy it.

So books that I have to read this year that everyone has been raving about enough to get me to pick them up are Divergent, Enclave, The Forests of Hands and Teeth, and Uglies (which I just finished). I am sure there are more to list if I went through my GoodReads list, but I am not going to do that. All of these books I either was hooked due to reading the synopsis and then all the raves or visa versa. I think on all of these books if I hadn't read everyone raving about them and I just read the synopsis I still would want to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment