Monday, January 2, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Excited to Read in 2012

This weekly event is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


Top Ten Books I'm Excited To Read in 2012


Well this list could be long... if I didn't have to limit it to ten. I have a huge to be read list on GoodReads and books piling up on my bookshelf. I need to rearrange my bookshelf so my books can fit on it with out being creative on how I put my books on the shelf. 




10. The Last Gunfight by Jeff Guinn. I bought this book last year when I was still a history major and my research topic was on Tombstone and the wives of Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday. I still want to read it even though I am no longer a history major. 


9. Irish Americans by Jay P. Dolan. It's not secret that I am proud of my Irish heritage and I am looking forward to learning more about those, who like my family immigrated to America from Ireland. 


8. Betsy Ross and the Making of America by Marla R. Miller. Another history book I bought because it sounds very interesting. There seems to be little known about Betsy Ross and her importance to the US.


7. Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I love the other two books in this series and looking forward to seeing what happens. I would have read this sooner, but I forgot al about this book. 


6. 2nd Chance by James Patterson. I am looking forward to continue on with this series. I love a good mystery with a female detective. 


5. Spider Bones by  Kathy Reichs. I need to catch up on this series. I have just two books until I am caught up. I am looking forward to find out what happens for Temperance. 


4. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan. I have heard great things about this book and while I do not own it due to not being able to find it at my local bookstores I hope to get my hands on it soon. 
3. Enclave by Ann Aguirre. I don't have this book yet, but I hope to by it soon. It sounds very interesting and I want to read it to see if it's worth the hype I have been hearing about. 


2. Divergent by Veronica Roth. Another book I have been wanting to read for a while and will read it this year. 


1. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I have been wanting to read this book since I read the plot line. It sounds like a very good book that I will love. 










As you can see I have a very interesting list of books to read this year and I am sure there will be more that I have yet to discover or add to my list. 


What books do you have plan to read this new year? 

2 comments:

  1. I want to read Enclave too (I might try the audiobook for it) but I LOVED Uglies! It's an amazing dystopian!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Forest of Hands and Teeth series! And each book gets even better - I hope you find a copy soon!

    Divergent and the Uglies were both great too :)

    Top 10 Tuesday

    Kelly
    Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete