Monday, January 2, 2012

Book Blogger Confessions #1

http://www.fwiwreviews.net/
Welcome to the very first Book Blogger Confessions, a meme co-hosted with Tiger from All-Consuming Books on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, to discuss some of the frustrations that are unique to book bloggers.

I saw this over at Hands and Home and I thought it was a very interesting idea. We all talk about the books we are reading, our opinions on books and other book related topics, but never about blogging itself.

Q. How has the "job" of book blogging changed your reading habits? Both pro and con. 


I am fairly new to book blogging, but I have been keeping personal blogs since 2001. I never looked at it as a "job", but as something I want to do to share with others my ideas and feelings. While I try to keep some of my view points professional and not to give away too much personal information. 


I decided in January of 2011 to try to read more books. I love reading and I felt bad that I was not able to read for fun like I use to do when I was a child. I use to always have my nose in a book, when I wasn't playing sports. That all changed when I got into college. I still bought books, but usually they were history books and had something to do with one of my classes or something historical I was interested in. 


Since starting to blog about books I find myself trying to read more. Before I did not read as much even with my goal of reading 50 books in a year. I now think I can pace myself better for this year's challenge. I find myself looking for interesting books to read as well as trying to finish book series I have started. Before I just bought any book that look good. Now I read other blogs and go through GoodReads to find more books that may not be sitting on Target shelves, but is still a very good book. 


Also, since book blogging I have discovered some more genre's of books that I enjoy and want to keep finding more books. One of those genre's is dystopian. I didn't realize that some of my favorite books as a kid fell under this genre. Since discovering it I have been looking for more and more books in this genre and I will not stop. 


The bad is I feel that when classes start in two days I won't be able to read as often. I have only three classes while two of them shouldn't be too hard, one is statistics and I have a feeling this could be a challenge class for me. I need to spend time studying for this class. I also will hopefully (keep your finger) have an internship this semester, which will be 18 hours a week I will have to spend. So I might not be able to read all the books I want to. As you will see I have many great books on my to be read pile and I want read soon. I have two books just calling my name and a few more I plan on buying soon. 


Overall, book blogging has introduced me to many great books, authors and other blogger. I look forward to what it brings to me. 

1 comment:

  1. That's so great that blogging has made a positive impact on your reading.

    Good luck with your classes too!

    Thank you for participating in our meme. It's so nice to hear a variety of opinions.

    ReplyDelete