Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Movie

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Yes, I know this is not a book, but it's a movie based on a book that I LOVED. The movie is actually released today here in the US. I won't get to see it until Friday though, so I have to wait till then to go see it. So it fits the waiting part and it's released on Wednesday. I actually never seem to know about upcoming books so I will probably be mentioning movies based on books or books that are already release that I am waiting on getting either from the library (need to go there more often) or that I buy from the bookstore. 


Synopsis: Mikael Blomkvist is a journalist who is hired by a wealthy man to find out who murdered his niece 40 years ago. Blomkvist hires an eccentric girl, Lizbeth Salander to help him solve this 40 year old mystery that holds an even bigger secret than they even realized. 




I am not sure how true this movie version will be to the book or the Swedish versions of the films, but I am still very excited to see this movie. I think Daniel Craig is the perfect actor to play Blomkvist. I am not familiar with Rooney Mara, but I know that I loved the actress who was in the Swedish movies. 


I'll include the 8 minute trailer that really gives you a nice summary of the story without ruining the twists this story has. 





So what are you waiting on for the week? Comment below and let me know.

6 comments:

  1. I heard they changed some scene to make it more of a blockbuster. I hope it's not true.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the book, but I've heard it's very intense. Great pick! Thank you for sharing it!!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the foreign movies and they were great! I didn't really see a need to remake them but I still want to see them. I haven't read the book though. They seem a little too depressing to read through.

    Visit My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to read this book but I swear I am before I see the movie! It looks soooo good! Great pick and happy holidays!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read the book. It looks so good and I have heard really good things. Can't wait to read the book. The movie looks extra good too. =]
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I haven't read the book but I'm definitely watching the movie!! awesome pick ;)

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete