Monday, December 19, 2011

Musing Monday #1

I saw this on a few other blogs and decided that this was the best way to keep posts on my blog. It's a weekly event by MizB over at Should Be Reading. Each Monday she asks a question and fellow readers and bloggers answer it.

This week's question: What's the one book you always recommend to just about everyone?



My answer for this is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Yes, I have both covers on here because I love the bottom one, because I bought my copy in Ireland and I think that cover is better than the US cover, which is the top one. 


This book is about a young girl growing up in Nazi Germany. Orphaned and raised by strangers the book tells her life with the people around her and how they all deal with the war. The book is told through Death's viewpoint, which is different and amazing. 


This book has just about everything for someone. There's history, adventure, drama and possibly a little romance. It haven't found a person who has hated me for recommending this book to them. 


Well there you have it, if you want to answer this question you may do so in the comments, either a link to your blog if you do this weekly event as well or just comment which book you would choose and why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment