Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Book for Soldiers

I just wanted to point everyone's attention to a new button on the side bar. It's the Books for Soldiers button. I happen to see a friend post this link on facebook and because I do have current and former soldiers in my family I thought I would share this. What this is, is a site where soldiers will put in a request for books, but you can also send care packages with other stuff. All you need to do is register and then go through the form and find a request you can fulfill.

I always mean to do something for our service men and women and it is odd that today of all days I saw this link because today was my aunt's funeral and my cousin who's a Marine was there and I hardly ever get to see him. He served two tours in Iraq and it reminds me how little I do, when my family goes through what so many do as well.

So if you want to give back check out the site and register and try to give some soldiers some much needed reading material. I hope to find someone or books that I have I can give someone. They can be used if in good condition of you can buy the book and then send it to them. So please check it out!!
http://booksforsoldiers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment