Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kindle vs Book

I did a 15 minute video on the pro's and con's for the Kindle, which can be used for other e-readers, but since I do not have nor have used the others it is very one sided on the Kindle.

I know a lot of people hold off on the e-reader because they love books and there is some talk that these e-readers will be the end to books, bookstores and libraries. I doubt that, but I know that there are people who just don't see the appeal. I personally didn't either, even though when the Kindle first came out I did not have time to read for fun. It was a few years later when I stated thinking that I might look into getting one to get me back into reading.

Christmas of last year I got one from my mom and along with a $25 giftcard to buy books for it. I had a blast finding all these free books and books I had wanted to read, but ever got around to buying them or reading them. I started to read more often and find time to read when I didn't have a huge load of schoolwork. I also decided to do the 50 books in a year challenge on GoodReads, which you can see on the side bar my progress. I started off real strong, but this last several months I haven't had a lot of time to read.

So here's my list of pro's and con's. Feel free to add to them or contact me with any questions you might have if you are considering getting a Kindle.

Pro's:
-lightweight
-Holds over 3,000 books
-Can subscribe to newspapers
-Adjustable font size (not mention in video)
-No glare while in use outdoors
-Tons of free books to download
-You can sample a chapter or several before you buy
-Long battery life
-Books are usually cheaper in the Kindle format


Con's:
- No backlight
-Some of the characters don't show up instead you would get %%%39304 for the sale.
-Doesn't look as nice as a book and the book cover


So those are my pro's and con's for the Kindle. Hope you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment