Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Shuddering Review


It has been a while since I've read a horror book and I'm glad I found this one. It did not disappoint. 

Synopsis: A group of friends spend one last trip in their cabin when something out in the woods interrupts their good time.  

Review: This book is written so well. It reminded me of one of those decent horror movies that's keeps you at the edge of your seat and you don't realize that you had stopped breathing. It had all the decent elements of a horror story.

For me I loved that they didnt give the monsters a name or turned it into some mutant freak. The author describes them enough to paint how horrific they are and that is all you need. Today I feel like every author has to tie the monster to something we know or fear like vampires, werewolves and so on. I feel it's much more powerful when we don't know what it is. 

The ending was true to how a good horror story is suppose to be. There is no happy ending only uncertain fear and only one person makes it out alive. Those are the truly good stories. 

I gave this book 5 stars. It was done very well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment