Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday Summer Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme are books that top our to be read pile (TBR). I'm sure most of these books I won't get to, but I figure I'd give it a try. This will be different than the summer reading list that I posted a few weeks ago as I have finished a few of the book on that list and right now my interests in books have changed.



1. Survival Mom by Lisa Bedford- if you don't know me then here's another tidbit about me. I am a newbie prepper. I have been trying to get into being prepared for anything for the last year, but other than buying a few needed items and books I haven't gotten very far. I've had this book for a while and put it down and forgot about it until I was reminded of my need to prep so I pulled it out and just started to read it.



2. Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris- I am so behind in what's going on with the TV show Trublood. I've only seen about half of last season. I enjoy these books and have this one sitting on my shelf for a while and I want to read it. Mostly because the books are an easy read and I don't have to force myself to read them.



3. Under the Dome by Steven King- I will admit my desire to read this book has to do with the series based on the book that comes out next Monday. I actually want to read more Steven King books. I use to say I was a fan of his, but to be honest I've only read The Shinning and all his other books I've seen the movie adaptation of them.



4. Lost Symbol by Dan Brown- I am trying to finish this series since I had no idea he has written more. I hope to get to this one this summer, but I doubt it since it's a very long book.

5. The World Without Us by Alan Wesiman- I gave this book to my fiance for a gift, but he didn't seem interesting it in, which is odd. I would live to read it. It sounds similar to History Channel's Life Without People. At first this idea scared me, but this was big when I was pregnant, but now I find it interesting.

6. 2nd Chance by James Patterson- by now I would have thought I would have read more books in this series, but I haven't. I hope to read this one since the other was decent and a quick read.

7. Into the Woods by Tana French- another book that has been sitting on my shelf that I would love to get through

8. Pretties by Scott Westerfeld- I don't own this book, but I really want to read the rest of the series. I probably will either look to see if the use bookstore has it or go to the library.

9. Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith- I got this this past Christmas and I want to read it since the movie wasn't too bad.

10. I"m going to leave this open since I have books I want to buy or check out and not sure what the will be.


Whats on your top ten?

No comments:

Post a Comment