Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: June 4th

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is book that deal with travel somehow. It's going to be tuff, but I think I can make it to 10.

1. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova- An interesting take on the vampire myth that deals with traveling to several countries like England.

2. Enclave by Ann Aguirre- While it's not exactly travel the main characters are moving a huge distance to become safe from the creatures that want to destroy them.

3. Little Women by Lousia May Alcott- one of my all time favorite books and Jo does travel away from the home to become a "better" woman.

4. The Lizard King by Bryan Kristy- This book is all about the illegal reptile trade that one man was in charge of and fooled a bunch of zoos. He had traveled all over the zoo getting exotic reptiles for zoos who thought he was legit.

5. The Shining by Steven King- The Torrence family goes to a hotel to take care of it during the winter. Obviously this trip was a fun family vacation.

6. The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chauser- an interesting tale of people on a pilgrimage having to tell stories along the way.

7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- I love this story about a little girl traveling with her mother and then growing up with a foster family.

8. The Temperance Brennan Series by Kathy Riechs- They all deal with traveling between states or the US and Canada.

9. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Susan Collins - Since they travel between districts it counts. Such a great books

10. Da Vinc Code by Dan Brown- Nothing like a murder series gone global.

Oh good I made it. I wasn't sure I could do it.

1 comment:

  1. The Canterbury Tales is perfect and I still don't know why I did not think of The DaVinci Code! Nice list!

    Come on over to Harlie's Books and see what came to mind for me!

    ReplyDelete