Saturday, June 8, 2013

I Am Legend Review

This book is one I got for a secrete santa this past holiday season. My fiancé said it was a good book and that I would enjoy it. I started the book in March while on a road trip to Las Vegas. This books is actually one longer story and several short stories.

Here's the list of stories:
I Am Legend
Buried Talents
The Near Departed
Prey
Witch War
Dance of the Dead
Dress of the White Silk
Mad House
The Funeral
From Shadowed Places
Person to Person

I will not go through each and every story, but I will go over the the main story I am Legend and then whether I think the short stories should be read.

Synopsis:
Robert Neville may well be the last living man on Earth . . . but he is not alone.

An incurable plague has mutated every other man, woman, and child into bloodthirsty, nocturnal creatures who are determined to destroy him.
By day, he is a hunter, stalking the infected monstrosities through the abandoned ruins of civilization. By night, he barricades himself in his home and prays for dawn.... (Taken for GoodReads).

Review: 
The story of I Am legend seems a bit slow. For me it would go through some of his daily activities and just reading one man's view on his making breakfast and hanging up garlic and mirrors is not my idea of a good read. About half way through the story it did pick up and get much better. It's an interesting story and I think the Vincent Price movie The Last Man on Earth did a good job with telling the story as opposed to the Will Smith movie.

The story had its good points and it has some interesting views on what life would be like if you were the only human left. I think while parts dragged on it was a decent book. 

As for the short stories included... I wasn't into them. I had to force myself to read the because I wanted the satisfaction of finishing the whole book. While some are a bit different most of them left no impact on my and I will forget I even read them.

So if you're into an interesting book on vampires just read I Am legend and ignore the rest of the stories.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment