Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Scorch Trials Review

People either love sequels or they hate them, regardless if it's a book or movie. So when I bought this book and started reading it I was excited to see what was going to happen next, but a little afraid like so many other sequels, it would fall short of the excitement the first book brought.

Synopsis: 
Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. No more puzzles. No more variables. And no more running. Thomas was sure that escape meant he and the Gladers would get their lives back. But no one really knew what sort of life they were going back to.

In the Maze, life was easy. They had food, and shelter, and safety . . . until Teresa triggered the end. In the world outside the Maze, however, the end was triggered long ago.

Burned by sun flares and baked by a new, brutal climate, the earth is a wasteland. Government has disintegrated—and with it, order—and now Cranks, people covered in festering wounds and driven to murderous insanity by the infectious disease known as the Flare, roam the crumbling cities hunting for their next victim . . . and meal.

The Gladers are far from finished with running. Instead of freedom, they find themselves faced with another trial. They must cross the Scorch, the most burned-out section of the world, and arrive at a safe haven in two weeks. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Thomas can only wonder—does he hold the secret of freedom somewhere in his mind? Or will he forever be at the mercy of WICKED? (Taken from GoodReads)



Review:
Like I said above I was excited to read this book, but as afraid it would leave me  feeling disappointed. For me the middle book or the second book of a series/trilogy are always the redheaded step child. They either are way over done, or too much like the previous book that you forget all about the book you just read. This is how I at least feel. 


The Scorch Trials left me without much of a breath as I was reading through it. Everything about the plot and story was new without feeling like someone else wrote this book. The action and elements of the book were different and gave you the feel that they were no longer in the Glade or Maze, but someplace new.


The book constantly made you feel like Thomas, not knowing who to believe or what was going on. You feel like him that anything could be going on. You feel like for Thomas being alive and living through this is so hard, especially when he knows he has some big part of it. I honestly want to run out right now and the The Death Cure, but it's midnight here and none of the bookstores are opened. 


I gave this book 5 stars on GoodReads, because trust me it's that great of a book. If possible I would give it 10 stars. I am not sure which book I like better between The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials, but I am very glad I picked up these books and started to read them. 


Rating:






My Video review





No comments:

Post a Comment