Saturday, December 17, 2011

In My Mailbox One

I've seen seeing other book bloggers do this and I did one on my youtube (which I know I have not updated. Been busy and no quite time to even record a video). I won't be doing it weekly like some people do, but maybe monthly or however often I get new books. This is a meme by The Story Siren. The goal is to share with others the books you have. They don't have to be sent from an on-line store or even come in your mailbox, they can be from the library or bought at your local bookstore. So my list is all the books I have gotten, which is a lot since my last video. Maybe not a lot to some people, but for me to have all these new books is nice.

The first one is The Scorch Trails by James Dashner. I loved the first book in the trilogy called The Maze Runner and once I had money from my birthday last month I knew I had to buy this one. I started it and so far I am just as interested as I was with the first. I hope to finish it soon and get The Death Cure, which is the last book and it just came out.



I bought this book with some more birthday money. Little known fact I have been making jewelry, mostly beaded since I was 14. I have tried to make items and sell on places like etsy, with no luck. The reviews on this one were decent and I figured it might help me get out there and not only make better items, but actually sell them. 


I started this series months ago and have had issues finding the third book at the used bookstore. I finally bought it when I got The Scorch Trails. I enjoy the TV show this book is based on and the books are great reads as well. I started accidently on the last book The Silent Girl because when I was on Tess' website the site listed the books from recent to oldest and I thought it was the opposite order. 



So this is book number 6 in the Sookie Stackhouse series, but when I was at the used bookstore I forgot the order and knew I didn't have this one. So until I get number 5 I will be hold out on reading this one. Though this will be the first physical book I have for this series the rest are on my Kindle. 


I enjoyed the first book so much that I bought book number 2. I haven't had a chance to start it yet, but plan on it soon.


I love a lot of things, but a lot of people know that I LOVE Ireland. It's where my family originated from and I traveled there back in 2007 and have been in love with the country ever since. I also enjoy the paranormal. Yes, ghosts and the like. So you add these two together and you got my attention. 


This last one is not for my, but a gift for my secret santa on one of the groups in GoodReads. Don't worry I don't think she knows of me or my blog, since I don't post much on there. I had a hard time trying to find a book on her list that I could get at the local bookstore. I finally found this one. I hope she likes it. I also have to send her a clue to my identity. I am not sure what I am going to do, but I thought of either cookies or sending a pin that I made that says Irish on it. I'll just have to wait and see what inspires me. Maybe if I could find some local southwest goodies that are not expensive to send. 


That is it for my books. I hope to update here soon on either a review of The Scorch Trails or what my secret santa sent to me. If you go on my goodreads list of book, the tag that's says secret santa are all the books I put in that list to help my santa out. I hope they have fun with what they are sending me and am excited to see what I get. 


If you feel like being generous and give someone a book you can look around for what people have on their list, or I know some bloggers have exchanges or random acts of kindness to give a stranger a book they want. I think it's one of the nicest things you can do. Also, remember I have the link for books for soldiers on the sidebar. Don't forget out service men and women who are away from their families this holiday season. 

If I don't post before Christmas... yikes it's a week away, I hope all of you have a safe and wonderful holiday. 



1 comment:

  1. Paranormal Ireland looks cool! Definitely Dead was good book 4 was my favorite but this one was good too!

    Super excited you have a book blog!

    ReplyDelete