Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Review: Dead to the World

Let me start by telling you all that YA paranormal romance is one genre I stay as far away as possible. I only started reading these books because I started to watch the show True Blood and I was curious on how similar the two are. I started reading both Temperance Brennan and Rizzoli &Isles series because they are based on TV shows I like to watch.

I'm not a huge fan of True Blood, I just find it interesting how the situation of the vampires are how it is different from a lot of other vampire books. I do not like Twilight and I find that series has ruin vampires for me. I always enjoyed the Dracual version of the myth and how people feared vampires and wanted to kill them. Not wanting to have sex with them. So with that said take note when I review any book about vampires.

Synopsis: Sookie Stackhouse is not like everyone else, she's a telepath. She can heard people's thoughts and it makes her an outcast. She has had bad luck with being a pawn in vampires and the supernatural community in Louisiana, which she seems to get beaten up or nearly killed. On her way home from work she encounters a half naked man running. It ends up being Eric Northman, a vampire she knows. She tries to get him to get in her car, but there's one problem, he's lost his memory. Sookie now has to hid Eric in her house because Wiccans, who put the memory loss spell on him, are after him.

Sookie now has gotten herself into trouble and not only has to hide Eric, but her brother, Jason has gone missing and she is trying to find out what happened to him and if the two events are related.

Review: This is the 4th book to the series and since I just started this blog I will tell you that this series is good. I like the books better than the TVshow, but I've always like the books better than the movie or show with a few exceptions. These books are very easy to read and do a much better job at creating this world of vampires who like along side with humans. I also like how they make you think if vampires really exists what else is really out there as well.

This book is like the others. Easy to read and the story line does not disappoint. Even when you know not every issue has been solved you are still surprised to see the book does not end until ever piece of the puzzle is in place. There's not cliff hangers at the end of the book nor are you screaming at how quickly things get wrapped up. There's a decent timeline and you are thankful for it.

I enjoyed this book and I gave it 5 stars on goodreads. Which I seem to either rate books too high or too low for most people, but I think it deserves those 5 stars. It was a good book that told a great story.

Edited to Add Video: I added a quick video review as well. Enjoy and do subscribe to my channel. You'll get both book reviews and horror movie reviews.


Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment