Friday, August 9, 2013

One Second After

This book has been on my radar for a year and I finally bought it and sat down and read it. I have only heard good things and I think it's a decent book that people should read.


Synopsis: New York Times best selling author William R. Forstchen now brings us a story which can be all too terrifyingly real...a story in which one man struggles to save his family and his small North Carolina town after America loses a war, in one second, a war that will send America back to the Dark Ages...A war based upon a weapon, an Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP). A weapon that may already be in the hands of our enemies.
Months before publication, One Second After has already been cited on the floor of Congress as a book all Americans should read, a book already being discussed in the corridors of the Pentagon as a truly realistic look at a weapon and its awesome power to destroy the entire United States, literally within one second. It is a weapon that the Wall Street Journalwarns could shatter America. In the tradition of On the BeachFail Safeand Testament, this book, set in a typical American town, is a dire warning of what might be our future...and our end. (Taken from GoodReads).
Review: I went into reading this book purely because so many people told me it would make me think about being prepared for an emergency. I decided that it would be worth while to read. I do think it did it's job on that aspect. I wasn't sure how it was going to portray the event or the people in the town, but it did a good job. I feel like it gave a message of here's the hard truth of what can happen without being too in your face about it.

I think the book is easily a great book and while it's point was to shock the readers into thinking about being prepared I instead took it as a book that showed just how we can either come together as Americans when faced with an emergency or fight and kill each other for our basic survival.

I will let you know it's a sad book and there were times I started to cry while reading it so I would hide so my fiancĂ© and son wouldn't see me crying. 

I gave the book a 4 star rating because it's well written and was a book that kept me engaged the entire time. 

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment