Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013

You can find Top Ten Tuesday topics over at The Broke and the Bookish. I hate the term resolution because I never do resolutions or believe in them. I try to do things better or new changes, but never resolutions. One of those things is to read more, more of the books I have piling up, but mostly the mystery and crime novels I have been putting aside. I did join the TBR Pile challenge again and I have to go through my books, but here are the top 10 that I know I do want to read.

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth- This is the first book for the read along part of the challenge and I have this book sitting collecting dust for the last year so I really want to get this one read.

2. The Kill Order by James Dashner- This is the prequel to the Maze Runner series and I almost squealed in delight at Walmart when I saw this book on the shelf. I didn't know it was coming out and I got it for Christmas from my brother. He told me he had trouble finding the book, which makes me think a lot of people wanted to read it. I'm excited to see how it all began.

3. Frozen Heat by Richard Castle- I have enjoyed this series even though I know it's ghost written by different authors I still think it's a good series. I haven't been keeping up with the TV show, but I still want to read the book. I didn't know it came out until I saw my mom reading it.

4. The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks- I started this book, but have been having trouble reading it. I want to read it even though I know it's not realistic if zombies ever invade us. I just want to read it so I know what the big hubbub is.

5. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan- Another book sitting on my bookshelf for a year i still want to read it since some many people have mentioned how great it is.

6. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame- Smith- I saw the movie a few weeks ago and it wasn't bad. I want to read it so I can compare and see if my faith in rehashing classics into horror is even worth reading again.

7. The President's Vampire by Christopher Farnsworth- I found this book on GoodReads and someone gave me a copy for a secret santa. It's an interesting idea and I want to see if it's a series I could get into.

8. I Am Legend by Richard Matheson- I didn't enjoy the Will Smith movie, but the Vincent Price adaptation is wonderful. I've meant to read this book after my fiancé kept mentioning that he loves the book. I got this too from my secret santa and want to read it. It also has the other short stories Matheson wrote.

9. Thrive by Brendan Brazier- I'm not a vegan, but I understand how healthy it can be. I was a vegan and vegetarian for 8 years and lately I haven't been feeling healthy even with my attempt to get into running.

10. 2nd Chances by James Patterson- I quickly read through the first book and just never got around to reading this one. I know some do not like this series, but I'm looking forward to seeing just how good it can be.

So there are many more I could add, but I will give those as honorable runner ups that I hope to read as well.  Let me know what's on your list.


2 comments:

  1. I loved Divergent so I hope you get to it soon :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divergent was fantastic. I Am Legend was great! I need to read The Zombie Survival Guide as well!

    ReplyDelete