Sunday, January 13, 2013

Divergent

I finally was able to read this book and a book in general. I wish I had more time to read, but I haven't, not yet at least.

This book has been long on my to be read pile and I was hoping to finally finish it. If you are doing the read along, please do not read my review. I finished the book weeks too early and I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't read it yet.

Synopsis: Tris aka Beatrice has reached her 16the birthday and all 16 year olds must test to see which fraction they belong to. Tris has an odd result and chooses to leave the fraction she has grown up in. She realizes that something bad is going to happen and the world as she knows it will change.

Review: I cannot believe I waited so long to read this book. As soon as I started the book it only took me a few days to finish it. It felt good to finish a book that quickly since lately I have been reading books that take me forever as you can see if you look at my goodreads current reading tag.

For me I identified well with Tris. I feel like growing up and now inside I am a tough woman who is capable of a lot of things I've just never done them or tried. On the outside everyone sees me as a girl that is too kind, isn't able to do anything tough or physical. I kept feeling like Veronica Roth sat down and talked to me before writing this book.

I enjoyed the fraction part and I wish they expanded on how they decided on how start the fraction rather than having it that people make their own chooses. I wonder what happen that made them decide that it was better to separate things.

The one thing I wasn't into was the ending. I get that it's a series or is going to be, but the ending just ended to me. Like there could be more to say before it was ended. I am sure we've all read books where it just ends and you are trying to see if you are missing a page. That how I felt. I guess once I get Insurgent I will know how the two books connect better.

My Rating:

1 comment: