Tuesday, December 6, 2011

1st to Die Review

I am a bit late in doing this review. I finished the book about a week ago, but it's finals week so I have been busy with my last two projects and a few final tests to take. Now that I am wrapping this up I have time to write my review.

I will state that I have never read any of James Patterson's books. Not a single one... I'm not even sure I have seen any movies his books are base on either... wait are there movies based on his books? I don't know, but either way you now know I am not like most mystery book fans, who have read this books. Maybe I will start to read more of his books.

Synopsis: Homicide Detective Linsey Boxer is one of San Francisco's best detectives. When she's face with a fatal illness in the middle of one of the biggest cases of her career, how will she fight to catch the bride and groom killer? She entrusts 3 other female friends who help catch the killer. Introducing the Women's Murder Club.

Review: Being that I have never read one of Patterson's books I wasn't sure what to expect. With this book being a crime/mystery novel and with a female main character it seemed right up my alley. I was amazed with this book. I at times thought I knew what was going on and Patterson always made me rethink my decisions on the book. He did an excellent job getting me to love this book and want to read the rest of the series.

This series has some mixed reviews and I guess Patterson himself isn't pleased with the books. While some may feel like fools to read this series I will still read them. I buy them used anyway so he already got his money and I just want a fun read after all the hard work I put into the say.

I gave this book 5 stars on GoodReads, for me it deserves that rating. I think it's better than some of the other crime/mystery books out there.

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment