Thursday, November 10, 2011

World War Z Review

If you are a fan of zombies or just want to survive that zombie apocalypse, then this book is a must read. The man who taught you how to survive those nasty zombies now gives us survivors' account of the events leading up to, surrounding and after World War Z. Who knew there would ever be an oral history about a zombie war?

Synopsis: This book is several first hand accounts about the war with zombies. When people first noticed something was wrong, how we fought, and how we rebuild. It has survivors from all over the world of different economic class or jobs telling the main character their stories.

Review: I am not big on zombies. Or at least I never was until I started to watch The Walking Dead. I have a lot of friends who are obsessed with zombies and have Max Brook's other book practically memorized. I honestly never thought about reading books like this one until I heard this was being turned into a movie. As I was looking at some of the images I decided that it was time to read this book.

Since I was a history major I enjoy history books. Yes, but not all of them are boring. Since switching majors I haven't read too many recently. This book was written like some of the WWII narratives I have read. It's a very interesting concept and done very well. The only issue is he does mentioned some people without much reference to them, except in notes in the back of the book. And since this is a fictional book, even though you feel like it's all real by reading this, it's a bit hard to understand all that is going on. We know what happened at Pearl Harbor so when we read a book about it we can visualize it well. With this book I found it a big hard.

What I loved about this book is how it takes a fear/excitement people haven been obsessing over and shows us what could happen if it did come true. Kind of like movies about the bird flu.

I gave this book 4 stars because like I mentioned the story was good, but some of it I had trouble following what was being discussed since it was written like the audience knew everything that had happen before reading this book.



Rating: 


No comments:

Post a Comment