Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Maze Runner Review

WOW!!! This book left me with only the word wow. It was that kind of book. I am starting to feel like dystopian novels might be my genre of choice. I've only read 6 so far, but all of them have been good. I am sure there are some poorly written ones out there, but I haven't read them yet.

Synopsis: It's a bit hard to explain this book in my own words I tried on my video review so I am going to leave you with the synopsis goodreads has because I think it does a good job of it.

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.

Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every 30 days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.

Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers. 

Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind.


Review: As I mentioned before this book just left me with the word wow. I found it to be a great book about a group of young boys and a girl trying to solve a problem to escape the Glade. I am honestly that someone thinks that a group of teenagers could work together like this, but I am sure it is possible.  I think the concept was really good I am looking forward to read the rest of the series. 


This is one of the few books I have read with a male being the main character and it was easy for me to relate to him. I read most books it seems with a female main character so this change was not hindered for me. I enjoyed this book as is, though I do wonder if things would have been different if the Glade was girls only instead of boys. 


I gave this book 5 stars on goodreads, because it is that great of a book in my mind. I could easily pick it up and read it again and still enjoy the story. I think it's a very interesting concept. 







Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment